By using the bio-degradable Kaloxi® cleaning compound unnecessary openings of plate heat exchangers can be avoided, saving you time and money.
Cleansing of heat exchangers:
- Remove water from the system to allow adding of the Kaloxi® cleaning fluid. The most typical mixing proportion is 10%. Increase the proportion if the system is extremely dirty or the impurities unusually difficult.
- Connect the circulation pump to the inlet and outlet of one side of the heat exchangers.
- Check that the pump is directing the flow in the opposite direction of the normal system circulation.
- Fill the pump with the right amount of Kaloxi®.
- Start the pump and let it work for 3-5 hours.
- Drain the cleansed part of heat exchanger.
- Flush the cleansed parts including the pump itself with water.
- Refill the heat exchanger and ventilate. The exchanger is ready for use.
Complete systems can be cleansed in similar fashion. To evaluate the effect of the cleansing, you can -for example- run the heat exchanger before cleansing and record the outlet temperature on the warm side (primary side). After cleansing of the cold side (secondary side); check the temperature again with the same mass flows and inlet temperatures as before cleansing.